Black Mesa is now actively searching for candidates to power up our cause. With over three million downloads of our free modification released in 2012 and a hugely successful steam release, your work will have far reaching (and occasionally unforeseen) consequences.
At a minimum, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must have a stone cold understanding of C++.
- You must have strong programming fundamentals:
- Real-time systems
- The ability to grok through and understand new code bases in a reasonable time frame.
- Don’t panic – we don’t expect you to understand the entire Black Mesa codebase a month after joining.
- A willingness and ability to communicate via VOIP software (like Skype).
- Must have strong command of the English language (both via text and verbally).
- Past experience with or willingness to work on a large team.
- Willing and able to start immediately.
- Feel free to still apply even if you can’t. We will consider your application for future openings.
We give strong preference to candidates that have the any of the following skills in addition to the above:
- Experience with the Source Engine.
- Seriously: If you know Source, apply.
- Experience with any game engine.
- Doesn’t have to be Source.
- Demonstrable prior experience in game development.
- This can be an unreleased prototype, a shipped title, anything that shows you know what goes into making a game.
Note: This position involves compensation for work. Should we decide to move forward with your application, a skills test will be administered to determine competency.
If you’re interested, shoot an email over to firstname.lastname@example.org.