Game freezes when pressing ESC while quick-saving

There seems to be a game freezing bug when you press ESC very quickly after quick-saving. Instead of the pause menu, there is just a small modal with the text ‘PAUSED’. The game doesn’t crash, it is just stuck in a paused state where no button can resume the game. Pressing the number keys still shows the weapons changing on the HUD. I have been able to reproduce this bug every time.

Game version: 1.0

Can confirm. Had the same issue, but I did a normal save, then directly hit esc (I also wanted to make a quick save). My screen is looking like this for the past 10 minutes now (notice the “PAUSED” in the middle):
2020-06-27_black-mesa_save-esc-freeze_small2

Current content BuildID: 4815922. No crash_bms.exe_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx_1.dmp was created. Where can I find the game version?
Tried to reload the save, and it seems to work? Didn’t play any longer, so not aware if any corruption took place.

The community has moved to Discord.
Join us here https://discord.gg/KpBDTqm and ask your questions in the appropriate channel.

Founded in 2004, Leakfree.org became one of the first online communities dedicated to Valve’s Source engine development. It is more famously known for the formation of Black Mesa: Source under the 'Leakfree Modification Team' handle in September 2004.